1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to Begin?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by rickyspacek, Sep 15, 2007.

1. rickyspacek

rickyspacek LawnSite Member

I am seriously thinking about starting a business to apply organic fertilizer on lawns, but would like to know what anyone thinks about the best companies to deal with, what equipment to use, how much it would cost for a tank, supplies, etc. to get started. Really - ANY information on this. We live in Georgetown, TX. Thanks for any info. you can give.
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I would invest in various organic fertilizers of all types and learn what works where, when, and on what. Blowing money on tanks is not cost effective until you see whether you even want to use tank sprayers.
    Organic liquid ferts seem to clog everything up so gain experience with hose end sprayers before you make any investments.
    I don't believe in having someone saying what is right for you and your area. General ideas that you test and note results to is your best business plan.