How to bid linear foot edging.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VB Cutting, Jun 17, 2002.

1. VB Cutting

VB Cutting LawnSite Member

We are in our second year and are getting read to bid on some commercial jobs. But they want a rate for edging per linear foot.
    If someone could let me know what the going rate for edging per linear foot is? I,m in the Virginia Beach area.:)
  2. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Kwik Kurb here is getting $6-8.00 per foot for the basic stuff. Don't know if this is the type of edging you mean, but maybe it will give you an idea. Tampa, Florida area.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I believe he's talking about poweredging for maintenance. If so, there are people who can tell you this much per foot, and people who will tell you that much per foot. Personally I firmly believe that it cannot be documented in any solid form. There are too many variables. For instance, is it just keeping an existing dege clean? What about initial edges? What about the width of sod you're taking off and cleaning up? What about the THICKness of that width of sod, as it's more to cut through. What about if you have 3 wheelbarrows of gravel and slag that aren't even with the edging? The best thing to do, is just learn about how long these sort of tasks take you, factor that inwith the amount of material going out, and figure your price from there. I hope this helps.