1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How To Bid On A Commercial Property?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by carolinaborn82, Jun 9, 2008.

1. carolinaborn82

carolinaborn82 LawnSite Member

Hello folks, I am thinking about bidding on a brand new Mom and Pop Drug Store in my small town. They have only been open for a few months and their property looks pretty sad. I am thinking about going by there tomorrow. What is the proper way to go about trying to get the job? Do you charge commercial jobs by the month or by each visit? I think it will be a good intro into commercial work for me, but I am just pretty lost on what it all includes to get the bid.
  2. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

If its a Mom + Pop operation, probably the same way you would get a residential.
  3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

A brand new mom & pop store that looks pretty sad tells you what? If you just built a new store would you want it to look really nce? They would too. Be careful that they have not gone over budget on the construction and are short on funds to pay to get this done.
  4. brownings

brownings LawnSite Member

Just go in and talk with the owner. There is no magical wall between commercial and residential. (except larger projects will require liability insurance for you and your workers)Type up a one page bid sheet, or 6-month contract and be sure that you account for your fuel and make a profit. If they haggle you be careful.
    Stand your ground and don't budge on your price.