How to bid windshield time?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KTO Enterprises, Jun 27, 2007.

1. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you guys bid windshield time? This is the first time I have had to bid on large landscape maintenance outside of my area. It is several surrounding counties mental health facilities. There are 8 of them. One large office (in my town next to another account, a small clinic a few miles from my house so 2 are close to me. the other 6 is about a 225 mile round trip. would do all in the same day, as they are small locations and very easy to do. No more than 45 minutes per location, except for the big home office close to me. that is a big one. I know how to bid my time for the mowing part. But how do you guys add drive time int the equation?

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

225 mile round trip? Thats 8100 miles minimum. You cant really charge windshield time for that. If you were going to I would say add $25-$35 extra to each cut.

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well how much does your truck cost you per hour to run? Fuel, maintenance, tires, etc. That should get you close, then add some on for your time.

Must be a lucrative account, 225 miles round trip is quite a bit of windshield time.

4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured a dollar per mile per cut. And would add around 30 dollars per cut per location.

5. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

if its gonna be a windfall, def. go for it.