how to change hydro fluid on 48" float?

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by KINGjosh, Jun 28, 2005.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Is there some sort of drain hole for the pumps? Also what type of fluid should I be using in it? How often should I change the fluid?

Thanks Bob

2. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Not sure if there is a drain on the pump itself. One thing you can try to do is fully remove the bypass valve. I know when you unscrew it too much to allow the machine to free wheel, it'll leak.

20w-50 is what is recommended. If you have an older machine they use a red dye so don't think that it is tranny fluid. It's just regular old 20w-50 motor oil.

The last question I'm not sure of. I'll try to look into it and get back with you.

3. STOIC4NOW

STOIC4NOW LawnSite Member

MOBILE DTE 26 OIL
    I just bought one and have to topem' off myself. it's one of the FEW things they actually tell you in the owners manual.
    I would look in the service manual and tell you more but wait! they make one for our mower :angry:
    but if there is another fill hole you might do better getting a little handpump and sucking the fluid out
    stoic

4. KINGjosh

Thanks guys,
    Tommy, have you changed yours yet? Mine now has 77 hours on it, and I'm wondering when I should change it.

5. KINGjosh

I'm sorry I ment to ask Stoic that last question! Is that synthetic blend or what?

6. KINGjosh

Well I found out that you can not drain the hydro oil. And your never supposed to change it. Thats what the tech guy at lesco corporate told me

7. STOIC4NOW

STOIC4NOW LawnSite Member

The Lesco "tech" guy told me that the problem i'm having W/ my left side controls was being caused by "cavitation" in the pump due to the deck belt tensioner spring being defective.