How to change oil in my classen?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cochino12, Feb 23, 2006.

1. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Damn I feel dumb, if it's not a small block chevy I cant seem to figure it out:hammerhead: Anybody know the best way to change the oil in my classen split drive? It's got the honda motor but I can seem to find an actual drain bolt for the oil? just two plugs on the side? Do I drain the oil from there (seems like it would make an aweful mess). I cant locate a dipstick to tell what level it's at either? Help please

Adam

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

OOOOK, I'll make you feel better by feeling just as dumb as you.
    What kind of machine is this and who built it. ;)

If one of the plugs on the side is higher than the other just drain out the lower one and refill it until oil just starts to run out the upper one. Thats the way most gear boxes work with no dipstick.

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, the plugs on the side of the bottom of the block is where you're supposed to drain the oil from. Just put a large pan under the machine, and use paper towels to try and direct the oil from going everywhere. Hope this helps!:dancing:

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, the bolts on the side of the bottom of the block is where you're supposed to drain the oil from. Just put a large pan under the machine, and use paper towels to try and direct the oil from going everywhere. Fill the oil from the 1 (or2) small grey or white plugs on the sides of the block marked (oil fill). Hope this helps!:dancing:

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I use the flap off a card board box and fold the sides up about a 1/2", Makes for a handy trough and can be used a few times.