How to charge for removing bushes?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Logan's Lawn Care, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Logan's Lawn Care

Logan's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey everyone :waving: this is my first ever post on here. Just registered today. On friday i have 3 holly bushes that a couple wants removed. How much would you all charge? im thinking i can just hook my 7.3 to them and jerk them out but im not 100% sure.
    Thanks!
    Ill try to get pics posted asap but theyre around 3x4 each maybe 4x4 at the largest.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Be a pro and use a nursery spade to neatly remove them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Knox, don't use a truck! That's not very professional if you ask me. I'm sure the home owner knows somebody with a truck that could do it that way for free. Show their property some respect. Post some pictures and I'll tell you what I'd do it for. Welcome to the site by the way.

4. Logan's Lawn Care

Logan's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I would usually dig them out myself but the property owner and I have known each other for awhile and he said " Ol buddy hook that diesel up to them and jerk them out, I'd do it if I had one." It is a recording studio that I am removing plants from, bringing in dirt, and planting new bushes. Still trying to get the pics uploaded but if I cannot figure it out, they're 4x4-4x5 at the 2 largest ones and 3x4 for the smallest.

Thanks for the responses

5. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. memphis.landscape

memphis.landscape LawnSite Member

Be careful yanking out bushes with a truck. I did this once and an office building that was being renovated and had to replace a transmission a few weeks later.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That was one expensive pull:waving:

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Pulling with a truck is not cool at all, but people who think about doing it are going to do it anyways...

If nothing else is going to that spot then just cut it flush and paint the stump with RU,,, or grind it out...
    Otherwise,,, pick-axe and shovel... bobcat only if necessary...

9. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Agree! Be a professional. In the end we can't force you to change your mind. Best of luck to you and your transmission. :dancing:

10. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I've never NOT removed a bush without using my truck. There's nothing "unprofessional" about that at all. Good grief. Use the truck. The only reason not to use the truck is so you can charge 5 times as much. This is a 10 minute job with the truck. Charge them $50. Tack on more if you have to dispose of them yourself.