HOW TO CHARGE FOR SNOW PLOWING , SNOW BLOWING AND SALTING

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by rats5656, Jan 10, 2001.

1. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

IS THIS A GOOD WAY TO CHARGE ?

THIS IS FOR ALL RESDENTIAL

MINIMUMS 35 $ANY SIZE SMALL OR LARGE
    THE CHARGE FOR 2-6" THEY 6-12" AND 12" AND UP 25 % INCREASE AT EVERY 3 INCH INTERVAL
    DOES THAR SOUND RIGHT OR ARE THERE OTHER WAYS TO CHARGE

1 1 35
    2 1 35
    3 CARS LENGTH 1 CAR WIDE $35
    4 CARS LENGTH 1 CAR WIDE $40
    5 1 45
    6 1 50
    7 1 55
    8 1 60
    9 1 65
    10 1 70
    THIS IS AT 2-6 "

NOW WHAT IF THE CARS 2 WIDE SHOULD I JUST AT 3 CARS LENTHGH AND TWO CARS WIDE CHARGE 65 $ DOES THAT MAKE SENCE AT ALL FROM MY LIST ?

HOW TO CHARGE FOR SALITING ?
    HOW TO CHARGE FOR SNOWBLOWING ?

OR WHAT OTHER WAYS SHOULD CHARGE ANY IDEAS?

THIS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP AND ALSO CAN SOME ONE SEND ME ME A SAMPLE CONTRAT FOR SNOW REAMOVAL AND IT SHOULD WORK

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Samurai WeedWacker

Samurai WeedWacker LawnSite Member

I don't read posts which are ALL CAPS. It's irritating.

3. 9FT.PILES

9FT.PILES Banned

SEEMS LIKE THEY LOOK GOOD. IF YOU DONT GET CALLED BACK,YOUR NUMBERS R 2 HIGH.TRIAL N ERROR.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Rats, if you printed out that post and handed it to a customer and said "this is my schedule for charges", do you think they would understand that? I'm very confused, but I've had a bad day. What's with all CAPS?

9 foot, I know you were asked to turn off your Caps before. It is harder to read.

Here is the post to you and your response:

9FT.PILES
    PHILA.PA.

10-4

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Vandora Lawn & Landscape
    Please loose the caps, notice, no one else uses them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

noticed 10-4

[Edited by Eric ELM on 01-14-2001 at 08:53 PM]

5. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

Just in case you didn't know, there is a key to turn off the capital letters. It should be by your left little finger titled "caps lock". Push it. Then when you want a capital letter use the key below it titled "shift". Using all capital letters means you're shouting and is very difficult to read.

I would suggest, to start out, that you not publish a price guide. Tell the person that you would like to look over what they want done, then tell them "that will be $xxx.xx". Perhaps ask what they paid the last guy. Be ready to negotiate, at least in the beginning. Others here probably have better ideas, but I think that would beat giving the potential customer a confusing formulae with info that doesn't apply to them. Also, two lots or driveways of basically the same size could involve very different problems leading to one warranting a higher price than the second. Good Luck.

Mick