how to charge for white pines

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverscapes, Jul 3, 2007.

1. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

had a home owner ask me if i could spray his white pnies 20ft tall 10-12 wide 30 of them for pm for bag worms spider mites... his neighbor just lost a couple trees to mites i told him mites are hoar to control this time of year...... what should i use and how much should i charge :usflag:

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have had good results with Talstar for bagworms. I would charge $10-$15 per tree, you could use a backpack sprayer and probably wouldn't use $20 worth of Talstar!

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Indy,

If my math is correct, you would lost about $5-10/tree. Am I understanding this correclty. I would never drive to someones house for a $10-15 service. We are professionals so people need to pay us for our services. You won't get an electrician to your house less then $50.00.

Silverscapes,
    Using a back pack you will not be able to hit the top of the tree and it will not have enough pressure to penetrate inside the tree.

I usually charge $40.00/tree and $15 for each tree after that. On a big tree like this though I would probably be closer to $50.00+.

4. indyturf

from Indy

$30x$15=$450 -$20 for Talstar. $430 profit! Probably wont take 30 min. I think thats pretty good $$!

5. indyturf

from Indy

30x$15=$450 -$20 for Talstar. $430 profit! Probably wont take 30 min. I think thats pretty good $$!

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Gotcha!

Sorry about that! I misunderstood what you were saying.

Yeah, I love spraying trees. That is a great service to add with big $.

7. indyturf

from Indy

I could do jobs like that all day! I'm with you on smaller jobs though, $40-$45 for the first tree and the price goes down after that. We always make $$$!

8. Greenie

Greenie LawnSite Member

Wouldn't microinjection provide longer lasting results than spray?

9. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

After overhead, it's more like $150 profit.

Pete D

10. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

We get pine beetles pretty bad here. We use a diaphram pump with a generator and hose reel and 2x50 gallon tanks for spraying trees and shrubbery. For beetles we use a combo of Sevin and Talstar @ $10 per tree with a $50 minimum.

Of course for me to drag that hose reel setup out to someones place it had better be for at least 10 or 15 trees :) Otherwise, They'll have to just wait until it's time for me to spray my 100 tree plus homeowners who get that service every year.