1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to charge for widening a bed? 90ft long

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Logan's Lawn Care, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Logan's Lawn Care

Logan's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have never given a price on widening a landscape bed. I have done it for my parents but have never had to charge. The length of the bed is around 90ft and the customer wants it 1 ft wider. I have a stihl edger to make the shape and will use a shovel to widen. How would I charge? I really don't know how long it would take with just me or maybe a helper. Any help is appreciated. :waving:
  2. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever created garden beds? If so figure your old sq footage price and use that
  3. Logan's Lawn Care

Logan's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Not yet. I have just began to get into the scaping part of this business over the past year but have not done much bed work other than edging, mulching, planting, or spraying weeds. I have done the work before but it has been at my own house with my dad, so I didnt have to think about estimating a price.
  4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Better question is to ask how long to widen a 90' long bed 1' wider by using a shovel and bed edger.

Then multiply the time by your hourly rate.

I have not done any bed widening work for a customer so I can not help you with the time.

Though I would 2 - 3 hours plus time to go to the dump.