1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how to charge or cleaning roof gutters and down spouts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GRASS_FX, Dec 3, 2004.

GRASS_FX LawnSite Member

Hi ! Everyone ,I got a few home owners that want some gutter cleaning done.So how do I charge for this service? thanks
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

you charge by the job and I like to get about $35 for a 20 minute job on a single story house. welcome to lawnsite.

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Usually $40 for a small ranch, and $75 for a 2 story. All depends on the house. For me it comes out to about $2 per minute.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I wont touch gutters, but I think many guys charge by the linear foot.
  5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I'm with WT, don't touch them. I have heard of the linear foot method or charging an hourly rate.
  6. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

The only one time i did it was while i was doing a fall cleanup for someone.... I was in the middle of the cleaning, he asked me how much for the gutters. I looked, said "$50 for the lower ones". He said, "OK", and i did them. they were probably 35 ft or so. took 5 min since they were all dry.

I am thinking of making an attachment for my RedMax just for the gutters (up to 10 ft) for next year. There can be some serious money in it.
  7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

125 a 2 story house. I sub it out.
  8. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

I get 45 if I can use the short ladder and walk the roof, but if I need the big extension ladder 80 and any repairs are extra....... Gutters are a nice end of the season money maker....

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

10. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I just guess on how long it'll take to do it. I don't advertise it but will do it if the home owner asks. Welcome to lawnsite.