1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

how to charge

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jesterslawncare, Mar 19, 2006.

1. jesterslawncare

jesterslawncare LawnSite Member

I just want to know if i charged right for mulch i charged the 62 dollars per yard for 10 yards and then i charged for my worker at my hourly rate is this correct

2. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

that seems like a pretty big mark up on the mulch..

3. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Good Money

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I charge 50 bucks and up if i know they will pay if you pay your help 12 bucks an hour you came out 50 bucks.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea that is kinda high.......you should go maybe $90 hr. to cover your employee and the mulch.

6. jesterslawncare

jesterslawncare LawnSite Member

Theses mulch prices are in range of every lco in this area the more mulch the customer gets the price drops one yard installed here is eighty dollars and not only that black dyed mulch is 25 ayard plus tax i go any cheaper and we wont make any money

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

That's right prices in different area's,here we get top grade black mulch for 16 bucks a scoop.

8. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I pay $20 or less per yard I charge $60 per yard installed plus a deilvery fee of $35 to get it there. But everywhere is different, when I was in Boston it was more like $80+ per yard installed.