1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to clean a bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Mar 22, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone tell me a good way to clean a bagger for my honda hrc216? the bagger picks up dirt, which fills the airholes in the fabric.. that reduces my airflow and the chute clogs up because of the air has no way to escape.... i've tried taking the bagger off and washing it out by hand, then when that didn't work i stuck it into the washing machine... that got it clean as the day i bought it, but i didn't buy it with the big holes in the corners that i got from washing it that way....:confused:
  2. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Good question. And you know the bag will plug just when you need it the most. Seems that cutting new or very young fescue will plug it fast. Or when cutting damp grass.
    I have always just taken my bags off the metal frame and soaked them in a trash can filled with a solution of bleach and simple green in the water. After an hour or so the bag seems to get pretty clean. Never thought about using a washer before. Next time I might slip into the local laundromat and see how the large machine might do with a couple of them in it.
  3. AielLandscaping

i was thinking about using carburator cleaner, or gasoline... but the flamability is kind of a turn off...
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Don't bag. Stays real clean then. :D
  5. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

go to a car wash and spray them with simple grean. let soak for a few mins and then hit them with the pressure washer from the outside. that will get rid of the stubborn stuff. for the light stuff you should only have to use a garden hose and simple grean. It has always worked for me.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Get a wire brush and lightly scrub the bagger. Then squirt off with a hose.
    Works well.

7. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Best airflow catcher avail for Honda.. Power wash it.

8. AielLandscaping

ok that settles that. I'm going to have to get one of those accelorators...