how to clean leaves out of parks

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by str400ex, Nov 28, 2010.

1. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

we have the bid for leaf clean ups for several lake parks just wondering if anyone has any tips for the best way to go about it several have many trees we just have to have the leafs 25ft away from bathrooms and campsites. thanks Shawn

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i would imagine that you should have this panned out if you had to bid on it?

3. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

i have plans and did have plans just wondering if there is a more efficient way of doing things i believe in working hard and smart thanks Shawn

4. FireFighterHill

FireFighterHill LawnSite Member

Id imagine a leaf vac and or a bagger system would be the way to go.

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I am surmising that this is state parks. You are to remove the leaves 25 ft. from bathrooms, camping sites, or RV parkings,etc. The entire area is surrounded by woods,trees, and the usual natural things. I would gather that powerful blowers, bagging system, tarp and a way to haul the leaves to a site allocated for dumpage.
    What is the preliminaries for your haul off procedures. Can you dump on or off site near the parks.
    The topic is a little vague for me as our Lake Parks are maintained by the city and county trustees. If it were me..........I would opt to dump my remnants in the woods away from traffic. Campsites can be blown off into the woods and dispersed accordingly. RV parks...........the same way.
    It is hard to help you judge the hours it will take without some pictures. Then it is hard to narrow down you capabilities and speed.

6. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

A hurricane vac would be nice if it can go in the woods.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess the challenge is getting them up without raising a lot of dust that might affect the campers?

8. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

parks will be closed we will be doing it in early spring

9. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Can you dump it on site? What do you own? Can a vehicle get to all areas? Do you own a leaf loader and dump unit? Are the woods close? How many campsites?

As you can see lots of variables, without much info given.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Blow them all back into the woods and be done. Heck, I'd had them done by now and paid if I was bidding on it.

Maybe call a buddy that fly's helicopters and have him fly out and hover over top the area? He could knock it out in just a few minutes.