How to clean permagreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I bought a used permagreen late last fall and used it for the first time this year the other day and went to lightly powerwash it and clean it off because I hear they must be kept clean as much as possible. We'll the spring in the pull start recoil busted and I took the opertinity to take the engine out and put the engine spacers underneath the engine from permagreen (it's a 2006 model) what a living he** getting the two front engine bolts off there was hardly any room but most of all it was a complete mess!!! Even thogu I bought it with just 36 hours on it it was not cleaned near enough i could tell a majority of the mess was not just from me. Which brings me to my point what do you fellow permagreen owners do to both keep your permagreen clean and help keep clean and in good working condition in such a crappy invironment with fertilizer???

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a z-spray jr and everytime i use it i wash it off before i put it away..i am just a home owner so i only use it once every 3 months or so.but i still wash it off with the hose blow it off with the back pack blower and spray it down with wd40 but now i am going to use fluid film......

3. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

Anybody else with a permagreen and uses it quite often?

4. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

You are just a homeowner & you have a Z-Spray??? You are an official lawn nut!:clapping:

5. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

LOL exactly what I thought but hey good for him.

6. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah just a home owner with a z-spray jr...i got an acre of st augustine grass love the thing...hell scotts wanted 4100 a year to take care of my yard....

7. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

that sounds alittle pricey but anybody else with any tips or advice on cleaning the PG i have it in the garage with the engine sitting on the workbench tell the spring comes in tomarrow and really don't want to miss out on anything before I put it alltogether.

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a PG Magnum. I dry clean it daily with my Redmax hand-blower. When I'm done with a round I pull the covers under the hopper and give it a good pressure washing. I'll let it sit for a few days after the pressure washing and give it a coat of Fluid-Film. I find it amazing how much fert gets under those covers and everywhere else. What are these spacers for under the engine for?????? I have not heard about them before. Could you enlighten me???

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Blow off with compressed air (air compressor)
    Wash with soap and water
    Blow off
    Spray down with WD40

Do this daily or atleast several days a week.

Just depends on how much material is on the machine and what it looks like.

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

the spacers are a 08'? upgrade... seems some people have had the engines rot off the frames due to corrosion. damm and my ultra has a briggs and is still running... knock on wood!!