How to come up with a contract price?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by psim, Sep 18, 2005.

1. psim

psim LawnSite Member
    from fl

like the question said,what kind of discount should i do if any?

2. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

What are you asking?

3. psim

psim LawnSite Member
    from fl

i want to try and get my customers on contracts what would the yearly/ mopnthly contract price be in stead of 20-25 a cut. Should there be some sort of discount?

4. The Ripper

The Ripper LawnSite Member

You should through in a free fertilization. That's what we do.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi psim,

Some LCOs simply will not sign up a new customer unless they sign a contract.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates.Make your own logo Free.</center>

6. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

No discount. Just add up the charges for all of the services for the year ( mowing, edging, blowing, leaves, beds, pruning, cleanups, etc) and divide the total by 12 (months) and you have amonthly price for your contract. You need to state the scope of services included in the contract incase they want you to do extra services. I do not give a discount.....it sells itself by it being :levelized billing.....like the power company. This is good for you in that you make a little less in the summer but you have an income string for doing very little in thewinter.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I second the motion of no discount, the simple fact that you are new will be discount enough (no offense).

Far as how to price it, go with what the guy said about adding it all up and /12.

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

20 -25 seems low, don't discount that at all.
    Are you able to give full service? Do you have a pest. lic. I heard that they are hard to come by in FLA.

Create a package for the whole year and add it up/12 like said. But the beni of that up north is year round income. Don't you already have that in FLA?