1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to contact HOA's?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Farbio, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

How do you get the contact info? It is usually just some person on the board that is in charge of hiring the lawn maint. company. Also, is there a way to get a list of HOA's in your city?
  2. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

what are hoas, not to look stupid
  3. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

Homeowner Associations. Most new housing developments have them. They hire out lawn maint. for their common areas and sometimes for the entire neighborhood.
  4. ALLPro Landscaping

Really, Im interested lets find out how to get aboard !!!!!!
  5. ALLPro Landscaping

6. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

Last off season, I spent a good deal of time searching for contact info for local HOAs. If you know the name of the subdivision, sometimes the HOA info is not hard to find in a google type search. Unfortunately, even after I contacted ~ 10, no one so much as sent an email response.

I'm going to try again though.

good luck.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Letters, email, phone do not work. If you are seriously considering talking to a management company make sure you are dressed in some kind of company attire and arrive in a professional looking properly lettered truck. Then at least you will probably get to talk to someone and sell your company. It would help to have some kind of packet to give them.

the number one source of HOA is to join the CAI. Google it
  8. Jon11

Jon11 LawnSite Member

Most newer HOA's have a website, and list their board member's email addresses. This is what I have used in the past, and almost always get a response. Just remember, almost all of those people serve their HOA in their spare time, and are hardworking people just like us, who definitely do not want to mess with HOA business during normal business hours.

That being said, you should be able to find most of the websites with a simple google search.
  9. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

I googled my city name and HOA and got a few hits. Definitely not even close to as many as there are. I sent a nice email to a few places and already have two meetings set up. I just need to figure out how to get contact info for hoa's that don't have websites.
  10. Southernlandscape343

Southernlandscape343 LawnSite Member

Do these subdivisions have pools, tennis courts or other commons areas? I've seen alot of signs saying contact suzie que at this number or email address about certain events.. generally it'll even say what their position is with the HOA.