How to convert hand agitated to powered agitation

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by bnzsealcoating, Dec 5, 2008.

1. bnzsealcoating

bnzsealcoating LawnSite Member

Could anyone give me an idea of how to convert my hand agitated tank to powered agitation. I can't seem to find anything on the web about that. Can I just remove the handle and get a gear welded on, then attach a gas motor with some kind of gear reduction ? Or maybe an electric motor powered by a generator, that might run for 5 or 10 minutes before I start spraying. I could control the speed easier on an electric one .Or is there a "kit" some where that I could buy ? Bob

2. BIGBOY2008

BIGBOY2008 LawnSite Member

Im presently looking at a 300 gallon used tank with hand agitation. I am considering the possibility of mounting it to a flat bed trailer and attaching a 350cc four cycle honda atv motor (with manual foot shift) to the deck of the trailer. Those motors are geared super low and have a lot of grunt to them. Im not familiar with how much effort is required to turn one of the hand agitated tanks. Im just wondering how well honda motor will work.

3. bnzsealcoating

I was hoping someone had converted theirs and would give me an idea of how to do that. Anyone ? Any ideas ?

4. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

sealmaster makes a complete kit check sealmaster.net page 65

5. bnzsealcoating

That's just what I was looking for ! Thanks !( it's a bit more than I expected to pay though) Bob

6. mys the big gear on the tank with gear reduction works well