1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How to create curb appeal

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by tpuste, Jun 15, 2013.

1. tpuste

tpuste LawnSite Member
    from yaya

Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, and have a question that I believe you all will know the answer to!

I am an Investor that has purchased the home below, and I cannot think of a creative, different way to landscape this house! It has a long uncomfortable gravel driveway. and an attached garage to the left of the picture.

How can I create a nice attention grabber landscape in the front? ANY IDEAS?

My budget is $3500.
    Thanks everyone!!

HOUSE PIC.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Grow grass. Lol

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

As long as you're investing, invest in a camera that easily moves good photos of the correct size to the forum...

How long is this uncomfortable driveway and if it is long, is the house visible from the road??? Our long driveways are for hiding the house in the woods, for privacy...

5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Hard to say picture looks like the back of the house.

6. tpuste

tpuste LawnSite Member
    from yaya

Sorry about the photos, here is another picture as well,

additionally, the driveway (besides the garage) is 150 x 49.8

Again, the budget is 3500, what would you guys do to create a good curb appeal?

Thanks in advance

TRYIT.jpg

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

$3500 ain't going to do much. You aren't getting a driveway poured for that much.

Maybe do some landscape border and gravel for a driveway. Mulch bed in front of house and along walk way
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

Sorry this is not an answer, but just a suggestion. Ferret out a couple competent local contractors that would go to your property and give you some ideas. Sounds like you will be flipping the home? Still pays to get wise council from the git-go.

Need to consider conditions unique to your situation. Grade, drainage, sun/shade, kids, pets, how much time do you want to put in to it for upkeep. More questions will be asked if you get someone worth their salt.

Having to redo something can burn up a lot of money needlessly. Need not do it all at once either.

Good luck . . . It's rewarding seeing all the pieces come together.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013