How to Delete a post

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Moose's Mowing, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

How can we go back and delete a post we started? Or isn't this an option on this forum?

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we would need to do that for you...you can either report a post (by using the red triangle in the top right hand of every post) or you can send me a pm or email me at mike@mooserivermedia.com

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

You have 10 minutes to edit a post but after that there's no way for you to delete it yourself. You can ask a moderator to remove it for you. Clicking the "report post" button will get you in direct contact with a moderator. It's in the top right corner next to the post number.

4. Darryl G

I see Michael beat me to it...how I do I delete my post? lol

5. Michael J. Donovan

:laugh: :laugh:...thanks for your response as well darryl, we appreciate it :waving:

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Great. Now we have to go fond out what post you wanted deleted!

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

It would be nice if this forum would allow deletion of posts you created and either an infinite edit, or 24 hours. I have yet to see a forum that would not allow you to do this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Darryl G

On a board like this with so many members and such quick response times, things can get weird when people edit or delete posts that someone has already responded to, which can happen almost instantly. I suspect that's why they have it that way.

And you're welcome Michael.

9. Michael J. Donovan

exactly...with such quick responses, etc. and quoting or multi-quoting messages, having messages deleted or extended edit times, etc. could becomes quite confusing or "weird" as you put it

10. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

since we are on the topic of posts is there a way to avoid your post being re worded by another when they quote it???

while it doesn't happen often I've seen where someone will quote a certain members post and actually edit what the post they quoted actually said.

I guess I would think it would be better if once the quote button is hit the only editing that can be done is by what the poster is posting and not to the post they are quoting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.