How To Dispose Of It?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Wolfie's L&L, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Heres a weird question for you guys:

I have a small 1-gallon sprayer at work that is mainly used for weed killer around the shop. I absolutley CANNOT get the lid to screw off. I noticed that it wasnt spraying correctly, and there is about half a tank full left, so I knew that it wasnt empty. When I went to try to screw the lid off it just wouldnt come off. It must be vacuum-packed in there or something.

Anyways, I don't want to have the sprayer sitting around not being used, but how do I properly dispose of a half-full sprayer? I don't feel right just throwing in the regular garbage pickup, and I don't know what else I can do with it!! :dizzy:

Thanks for your help!

Jason

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

don/t throw it away. I have had thhs problem. Sometimes I have to take a big pair of channel locks and let it know who's boss.
    Another thing you could do is drill a hole in the side above liquid. Then drain it out into a jug or another sprayer. Just make sure you clearly mark any jug you use. Then you can keep it for later.

3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Saws ALL? Cut it open, save the herbicide, rinse and toss the piece of junk away!

4. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Hmm now I didnt think about actually cutting it open. I will try that. And I always label my tanks accordingly!

Jason

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Could be it still has too much pressure in the tank and that is why it is hard to open. The tip or handel could be the real problem.