How to distribute flyers

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by newjerseylandscaping, Mar 24, 2011.

1. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

All,

I am in the process of making up flyers. I have a copy mechine so makking them up is no problom for me. the question is How can i attach flyers to the doors? Ive heard of stapleing rubber bands to them and a few others. What is the best way of doing this? thanks

2. tom's lawn care

tom's lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I would probably just do away with fliers for many reasons. 1st- you get into trouble placing them on mailboxes
    2nd- you get bitched at and in trouble for placing them on doors. So I personally decided that there really is no good way of advertising!

3. rnd

rnd LawnSite Member

check out our website at rndsigns.com or call us at 800-328-4009 to receive a FREE sample packet. See hundreds of layouts on all of our promotional materials: door hangers, postcards, fliers, newsletters, statement stuffers and much more

Download our FREE marketing handbook and planner off our website: rndsigns.com

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

under door mat, slip into weather stripping so it doesn't blow into bushes until home owner opens door.

5. newjerseylandscaping

yea looks like im going to use alot of staples. :/

6. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Mailbox, under doormat, roll them and place them in the door, lots of ways to distribute them, just make sure they don't catch the wind.

7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

you go out and garbage day and stick it straight in their trash can, cause thats where 99% of flyers end up anyway...

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

direct mailing and inserted in newspaper is the best for around here.

9. Wayne's Lawn Service

Wayne's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

The post above is right. About 99% of them are not successful. Actually you can only count on about 1/2 of one percent in calls for every one hundred passed out. So if you are going to do a flyer campaign, pass out enough to reach your goal of phone calls. Two or three hundred isn't going to get it. Consistency is more important than total quantity. If you decide to pass our 3k. Hit the same area three times using 1k instead of one time of 3k.

We have a CD that has many different templates that are already made up and ready for you to use. You simply insert you name and they are ready to go. We also have a printed manual titled Marketing and Advertising that has over 30 years of experience in marketing and advertising techniques that will help your company grow on a limited budget. The CD templates are in Microsoft Word format. They are not PDF files.

There are several cost effective ways of getting flyers out.

10. newjerseylandscaping

HMM mail lady, ive only seen two in my entire life both when i was in NM. Here its all guys however the mailman for the area is my neibor sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo who knows