How to fail in the lawn business by someone who did it.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PROCUT1, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

2. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot LawnSite Member

Bump..Bump..
    Informative read.

3. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I learned alot on this thread. Over the past few years I have bought enough equipment to start a second rig. This past summer I sent my main guy with a helper out one week on their own while I went looking for new accounts. Customer complaints and stupid problems came quick since I was not there. Also, I had to play catch up the next week. I was going to try expand to make more money and help my key person grow in his position. I owe no money on my equipment and with proper use I can get by several years without additional purchases. I told my key employee that when he has money to invest in growing the business we will set up a workable plan. After that one week I remembered this thread and read it again and said hell no at this time.

4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

A tip for those that may be intimidated by the size of this must-read thread...

1. At the top of this page there is a horizontal green menu bar with the following options: User CP - FAQ - Calendar - New Posts - Search - Quick Links - Log Out

2. Click on "User CP"

3. You'll now see on the left, a vertical menu called "Your Control Panel". Scroll down to "Edit Options" and click it.

4. Scroll down to "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" and chose "40" from the drop down menu.

5. Scroll further down and click on the "Save Changes" button.​

You'll now have a much easier to read 11 page thread.

Enjoy.

5. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the tip green t.

6. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

I've read this thread a few times now. Great read!! Keep it coming guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. dougdm

dougdm LawnSite Member

subscribing, thanks guys

8. rl53103

rl53103 LawnSite Member

I agree ,,,,great advice ,,,Thanks man

9. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Great tip GreenT!

10. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

This is a great thread for all. Its great that Pro Cut was cool enough to post this even though he took a nice bashing from alot of folks. He simply explains what not to do. You would think folks would appreciate the input like most us do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.