How to find a Salesperson

Discussion in 'Employment' started by GALAWN, Apr 3, 2012.

1. GALAWN

GALAWN LawnSite Member

My company is trying to hire salespeople that run estimates and then follow up calls in North Ga. Can anyone please give me some ideas as to where to find salespeople? It would be greatly appreciated. We have tried craigslist but with mixed results. Are there any sites out there that anyone would think would work better? Thanks a lot.

Msstj4a@gmail.com

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

If you have a fair sized company and what a hire powered person then a recruiter is your best bet to find a serious sales person.

3. GALAWN

GALAWN LawnSite Member

My question would then be how do I go about finding a recruiter? Our company is brand new but we have the money put aside to spend on finding someone.

Thanks

4. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Have you set up your estimating and quoting guidelines for this sales person to use?

5. GALAWN

GALAWN LawnSite Member

Yeah we have a system in place for them to learn about lawns and then price the clients property. About a weeks training and them two weeks of supervision.

6. Duekster

from DFW, TX

The reason I asked is because this matters to how much experience they need and or if you were wanting them to help you price jobs well.

You might look at the employment commission in your state. They can often provide you with some labor data. You can set up an account and post an ad as well as search for resumes. This is the best low cost option other than paying to post on Jobs or Monster.

To find a recruiter, I will simply find one via the internet or linkedin.