how to find compost/ingredients through satelite

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jul 3, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I am trying to figure out how to find what I need from satellite pics so I figured I would include everyone else in it too.

cagles compost piles.jpg

2. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

the yellow arrow, the one on the top right, is the pile of dried manure. Kind of small, a lot smaller than it looks here.

The Green arrow, the one next to the red roof on the left is where the manure come from. It gets scraped from underneath the red roof I believe and then spread out on a concrete pad which I believe kind of runs parellel with the red roof coming from the bluish/grayish roof.

The Orange arrow at the bottom right corner is the big pile of manure that tree pointed out. I don't know if that is manure or not, they said they had A LOT, which they stressed, more manure somewhere else but I never saw it.

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

ok so whats he question, do you want me to find another pile for some one else??? lets start slow, google earth, enter the city " woodstock" now go (city's south so opposite, north) and look at the terrain slowly find larger raoads and well used areas.say 575 to 20 to the south, low follow it slowly and bingo theres a saw mill, looks like pallets

s2.jpg

4. treegal1

ok so Bill a sporting guy, we will do the ict contact address,

so ict needs some poo, lets see

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

5. treegal1

here a little help,

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

6. treegal1

the bottom left circle is the first pic i posted the other with the rows is a compost plant for sure. the middle circle is a farm of some kind??? maybe some poo?

7. treegal1

just could not sleep, we have bad lightning tonight.

so lets keep this experiment going, how about Utah, i swear i have never been there! it looked bad for a minute and that's some crazy area, but that's got to be a barn and cattle's tracks

j2.jpg

jd.jpg

8. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Haha tree. I was looking at your first pics and thought.. man I wish Utah was like those areas.

9. treegal1

other than a name of a city this was a shot in the dark, its Canada

c.jpg

10. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Tree, you scare me. In the last picture in post 7, I can see my mom's house. It's a dairy farm. I pass by there every couple weeks.
    :clapping::clapping::clapping: