How to find Landscapers for SMALL jobs?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Hockeygirl, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Hockeygirl

Hockeygirl LawnSite Member

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help me.

I have a new townhome in the north San Diego County area with a small backyard that needs landscaping. I would do the work myself, but my schedule just won't allow.

I need to know how to find a good, reliable, reasonably priced landscaper for a job this small (mostly just need irrigation and lawn).

I've tried contacting several landscapers, but have been told they don't do such small projects.

Any suggestions on how to find someone to do the work would be appreciated.

2. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

I own rental property and also from time to time need some work done at my house. I normally ask whoever rejected me if they had a suggestion on who to call. Seems no one wants to do odds and ends, they want that huge job. Just keep asking.

Another idea would be to check Lowes and Home Depot to see if they contract out irrigation. If they do, the irrigation company may also do landscaping.
  3. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I would look on for a company in your area. Also, look to see if there are any local organizations that are comprised of landscapers, etc. Another possibility is to attend a home and garden show. There you would have a "One stop shop" for potential vendors.
    Good luck!
  4. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I did a quick search and came up with 2 companies in your area. One is Good Earth Plants ( and Brickman Group. Brickman is the 3rd largest in the country, but they occasionally take on small tasks. Another idea is to stop by a local nursery and ask them for recomendations. Sometimes they may have crews that do in-house jobs or have a bulletin board where contractors put up their cards.