How to fix your clocks & how not to get slashes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I noticed a post on what is up with the clocks. It looks like the software reverted back to what it was like before a lot of changes were made to it.

So what this means is the clock is set for Greenwich time, even though it says Eastern. Go to your profile and go to the time setting and put in (Minus 5) -5 for Eastern, -6 for Central, - 7 for Mountain and - 8 for Pacific. This will make your clocks right until Pierre gets back to make the changes in the programing.

2. Eric ELM

If you members would quit using quotes, which is also the same as for inch and type out things like I am, I have, I will, you are, you get the picture, instead of shortening them and using apostrophes, we will not have all the slashes all over these posts until this bug is fixed. I realize it is hard to do, since I was trying my best to not use one here and did anyway, but I corrected it. :)

You will also need to use foot or feet and inch or inches also. If this is not fixed before Pierre gets back, he will be able to fix it when he does get back.
    Thanks
    Eric

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Eric, I think these problems will be fixed if you re-install that anti-cursing software!

PS Just kidding!

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow I did not realize it did this. I just posted and had these on it, but I did not think that much of it. Now, as I read this post, I see what you are talking about.

5. Eric ELM

Bob, That anti cursing feature is just something we can turn on and off. It is too touchy though. It turned Grassmaster in to Gr***master and every time Grass was mentioned it was Gr*** so we don't want that on again. :)

6. Eric ELM

I figured I would bring this back up so in case your clock is off, so you can fix it.

7. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

thanks Eric!

8. Eric ELM

Has everyone gotten their clocks set? I see a lot of posters did not read about the slashes yet. Hopefully that will be fixed soon, but we might have to wait for Pierre to get back.

9. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just quoted a couple of times befor I read this post. so to get it to the TOP. Here goes.