How to get a backhoe in a Rail car

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Mar 29, 2008.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

thats a stupid thing to do, very dangerous. i worked at michigan state university for awhile and they would pick up a mini with a overhead troley crane and set it on the coal cars to unload them. it was very slow and seemed like there was a faster way.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

wow!!! Stupidity!!!

4. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

You all had the same reaction as I did when I first so that, but after examining the machine and it's mods, and the fact that they do that around here all the time I don't really think it's that big of a deal any more.

Sure if a hose blew or something, it might get hairy but I really don't think there is allot of risk.

5. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

hey guys don't pick on one of my customers like that!!! it is surprising how quick they can get one up there. we usually have two or three a year in our shop getting repaired after collisions with bridges...they sometimes get left up there and the train takes off with out knowing and wham!

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Seen those pics before and that is awesome, I'd give it a shot.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Now that would suck. Especially if that was your own hoe.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i'm impressed that takes grapefruits.

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

There's some cool vids of that on YouTube, it's very safe as long as the operator is not on meth.

10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

As with most things in life.