How to get a greencard

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stuie, Jan 3, 2005.

1. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Hi all
    I was kind of thinking of living and working in the US for a few years in Horticulture to get experience that is not readily available here.
    the problem is doing it LEGALLY.I assume from reading that its best to have a position offered first then have the company apply on your behalf.
    Any tips appreciated.
    THANKS
    STUART

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

took my wife almost 3 1/2 years to get hers. She is still going through paperwork process even after getting it.

3. Victo

Victo LawnSite Member

Getting the greencard is not a easy process. You have only three options.

1. Every year us govt. give away thosands of greencard. They called greencard lottery. Apply every year and wait for the luck.

2. Your employer have to apply the greencard for you. There are 3 process in getting the process. It might take upt to 5 years to get the greencard.

3. Another way is find a US citizen and get married to.

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

3. Another way is find a US citizen and get married to.

I hear Bobby will do it for a keg.

5. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply Victo
    Already have a tentative job offer so if i accept it its up to the employer i guess. Have alot to sort out here before i did anything.
    Already married but my sister in laws married to an american.Does that count?LOL :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:
    STUART

6. Victo

Victo LawnSite Member

Sorry...that don't count. Good try anyway.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

if your sister is here that can help you in the green card process because she and her husband can be a sponser.

My parents helped with my wifes and mine by being a sponser for us.

8. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

The easiest and fastest way to obtain a green card is to have a relative who is a citizen sponsor you. Your sister in law could probably help, but she might need to have citizenship (???). She would have to sponsor your wife and you would be able to come along for the ride.

9. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Join the US Military. They will be happy to give you a green card.