How to get a ZTR unstuck!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JeffH1, May 7, 2014.

1. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

First try pushing. If that won't work try a strap or chain to the other mower. Next try the strap to the truck.

If you are solo, go straight to the truck method.

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Hackitdown, I thought sure you would tell him to hack down some bushes and throw them under the tires.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  3. xandrew245x

xandrew245x LawnSite Member

At my grandmothers house, there is a big garage build, there is banks outback that slope down to where the garage is built, at one spot, there is a path cut down to where a garage door is, I always mow this and never have problems. Went down it the other day, it had rained a good bit early that week, went to turn around to come back up and I wasn't going anywhere. I ended up having to drive out in between the bank and the garage, riding the bank halfway.

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

we work in a mainly rural/farm & ranch area with a lot of damp and wet areas that stay that way for a while. I mounted a 2500 pound ATV winch to the front of each mower. There is almost always a post or other object within 50' to hook to, or with the other mower hooked up they will reach 100'. It really doesn't take a big anchor object to unstick a mower unless you bog it down trying to get out

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Sink Hole got me today had my partner show up with another 60 inch lazer and it couldn't budge it. Ended up saving myself with a chain saw I had just bought that was luckily in my back seat. I went into the woods where there was some fallen trees and cut me off a nice 10 foot lever which I used to lift my 1100 pound mower out of the hole then pulled her out in reverse. It was an area iv mowed for 3 years it was dry and sunny and it just swallowed my mower today the mower was resting on the frame of the trac vac system.

6. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Did you shart yourself? That's what we really want to know.

7. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

^^^if only there was a like button
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

No that had to be the 5th or 6th time Iv had something like that happen not much you can do your just in for the ride.

9. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

My old man dropped the back of our gravely in a sink hole I picked it up from the rear with him on it :laugh:

951lbs + 225lbs :weightlifter:

I think he sharted himself

Adrenaline rush is wild...

10. RaulMcCai

RaulMcCai LawnSite Member

I've gotten mine so stuck that dynamite seemed the most reasonable thing to use.

Couldn't get my truck on the swampy part but I did have a hundred fifty feet of 1" rope. Tied it to my mower and to my truck which was way far up hill and tugged the little sucker out while driving both the mower and the truck
    If doing it alone with a tow vehicle be sure to disengage the mower wheels so they free wheel