How To Get Accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by love to mow grass, Mar 15, 2007.

1. love to mow grass

love to mow grass LawnSite Member

I Am New At The Landscaping Business, I Have All Of The Necessary Things To Get Started And I Am Wondering How To Get Customers, Anyone With Advice, I Am Open To It!:

2. rossc_83

rossc_83 LawnSite Member

Create a small mailer with your information on it. We do this each middle of February when people are starting to think about their lawn. I'm not sure how much it costs to mail, but we had about 160 some thousand sent to certain towns. You wouldn't need that many just starting obviously. They will go to every single family home in the towns you choose. We have had many many estimates to do just off of those that they got in the mail. Doorhanging seems to get minimum results for the input and phone book ads will only work if there arent' 3 pages of lawn service co's. Hope this helped.

3. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

I might be reading this wrong. You sent out 160,000 mailers and you have been in this business for 1 year?

4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I just put out 800 out and picked up a 20,000 dollar landscape install. Around a very nice pool. Any advertising will work as long as your stuff is somewhat appealing to the potential customer.

5. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

I'm kinda thinkin' the same as Matt is. You better be lookin' for some more help and more equipment.24 years old 1 year in the business, Thats alot of
    flyers and about 20,000.00 in postage@ bulk rate.:confused: