How to get bigger and better?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cuttingmaniac22, Dec 18, 2005.

1. cuttingmaniac22

cuttingmaniac22 LawnSite Member

This is my second year of cutting grass and basically all i have is a 20' Inch push, a 42 inch rider, and a echo 260s trimmer. But I want to really grow in it and maybe someday actually own a buisiness in lawncare. I work with a lawncare company already and do my lawns on the side. They all run exmark mowers and i love them. I want to purchase one brand new but don't know how i will get the money and get my name out there for more buisiness. If you guys could help me out that would be great...Thanks!
  2. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Word of mouth my friend is the best advertisement you can get! Have your friends and family spread the word that your in the biz.... It'll build quickly.. at least it did for me! Good Luck!
  3. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

Amen and a few lucky breaks. keep pluggin
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

so do a good job with the lawns you have, and save your money until you turn 18, stay away form homeowner equipment and get ready for lots of fun and excitement.... welcome
  5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Like they said do great work. A lot of it will be walk ups or word of mouth referals. If you really want to get in you may even have to do something else for awhile to build the cash you will need. Its great that you're getting hte experience but a temporary job that pays more if you find one will get you there faster. Nothing wrong with used equipment either as long as it runs good. You came to the right place to ask though. This board has lots of people that can help you out. Good luck to you. :waving: