How to get business in a new area

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Jun 17, 2002.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I already have a very successful lawn care business that operates in 4 towns near where I live. I profitted well over $100,000 in the last year alone. I am wanting to start working in a city about an hour or so from where I live, where there is a lot of new growth taking place. I have a well run business that offers mowing, fertilizing, overseeding, yard establishments, some landscaping, snow removal, and starting next month sprinkler systems. I know word of mouth is the BEST way to get business but at this time I don't do any work in the area. What would you suggest to pick up accounts? I was thinking some good color brochures with my super fancy rig and crew working. Anyone have any luck with something like this? Or how about advertising a low rate for a spring aeration? I have had good luck doing this and picking up business. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

If you are looking to make a great impression on a new area, more than likely flyers can work, but they might not be as effective or stand out as much as a well written direct mail piece. You may even want to consider telemarketing if you can target that specific area. Direct mail always gets the targeted message in front of your target audience.

3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

surely some more of you have answers

4. I would not expect this type of question from someone who grossed 100k last year!

Do whatever you did to get to where you are now.

If there is no word of mouth because you've never worked that area, maybe you shouldn't expand that way. Have you tapped your current area dry. Just a thought!sprinkler solutions.....and more