How to get clients quickly - The Secret

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tn Lawn Man, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. Tn Lawn Man

    Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 479

    Well, I finally figured it out. I found out the secret. Yes, it is a secret and I am going to tell everyone how to get as many accounts as they want quickly.

    I met another LCO and he told me the secret and I am now going to share it will all of you fine people.

    This should put all of the "Lawn Care Success" manuals/tapes/CDs etc... out of business.

    In fact I think I might just sell my own manual. It is a guaranteed to win method.

    Here it is...

    Go to a neighborhood where lawns are cut for $30 to $35 for a basic mow blow and go.

    Now...here is the secret.....mow them for $20....and do a fairly decent job.

    BAM!!!!! Word of mouth will spread like wildfire and you will have more business than you can handle.

    I really wish I would have thought about that method years ago. It would have saved me a ton of time building a good business.

    Ok, now that you know, don't tell anyone else. I am going to make a million.


    Man, I hate lowballers :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :angry: :angry: :blob2: :blob2: :realmad:
     
  2. 04TurfT

    04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 255

    ha it's called lowballing, it will come back to haunt you.... :nono:
     
  3. Jpocket

    Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,278

    I hope you are kidding, anybody will tell you that there are two sides to that story. I won't elaborate, b/c someone else will in about 2 seconds:rolleyes:
     
  4. Tn Lawn Man

    Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 479

    Yes, I am kidding. But the other LCO that built his business this way surely is not. He has clients coming out of his ears. He is killing my prices.
     
  5. jpp

    jpp LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,128

    Go read his last line. He is not the one doing this.
     
  6. All_Clear

    All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 443

    Of course he is... his cost of doing business is different... The question is, is he making money?

    If we all had the same costs, we could all charge the same prices, otherwise it's every man for himself. (yeah yeah i know some don't like to hear that)

    Sorry to hear he's hurting your business...


    All Clear
     
  7. Sandgropher

    Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 909

    This secret is well known to a lot of people , what they dont now is another secret "that they will be out of business soon" :clapping:

    Its funny though in a lot of areas there is all one bugger that keeps going year after year they make little money and stop others making good money, i dont care how you live your life but when you are L/B you are affecting others around you....:cry:

    Its funny when one goes another one fills the vacancy.....:hammerhead:
     
  8. DAVEY PROS

    DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member
    Posts: 66

    Great (unstable) businesses are built quickly over night
    BUT
    A Good, strong, organized business is built over time with care and workmanship.
     
  9. 2nd Chance

    2nd Chance LawnSite Member
    from Texas
    Posts: 86

    As long as we cut grass for a living we will have to contend with lowballers . And you will also find that in any business you have low ballers .I found this out the HARD WAY in the trucking bizz.I think the trick is to put the emphasis on everything but price . I have found that the biggest part of lawn service is sales , not the actual work .I live in an area where the lowballer wins 75% of the time and the other 25% do quite well. I cut grass to supplement another income and I could low ball but I refuse to do so because I once made a living cutting grass .
     
  10. HighGrass

    HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA
    Posts: 1,237

    Cheap for them now = Broke for you later.:confused:
     

Share This Page