1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How to get Franchise commercial jobs?

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by Pjslawncare, Jan 20, 2010.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm guessing if it were something I wanted I would talk to a store manager and find out what would be required to gain the contract...
    Also not all chain stores are franchised, some are corporate.

2. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

Many years ago..... not lawn care.... had a big local hotel that owed me money.... then sold the property to a national chain.... and just never paid me.

Wrote a very nice, respectful letter to the chain corporate office, explained the situation, and got paid. Ya never know how a situation will shake out if you just stay cool.

3. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

Not to fast! It usually takes about 15 days to get a check after I send an invoice. Well my Rep for Del Taco was 60 days behind and was $7,500.00 behind. I sent her several emails, but no response. So I gave her a call finaly, all of our communication was done through email, so i got a hold of her and she apoligized for not calling me back, but she said, "I am no longer with Del Taco, I have moved on". Well long story short she gave me the number to the new GM. He called and agreed that I should be paid for past services. Awsome! He then said we should sit down and talk about all the Del Tacos in Vegas! So I emailed him the invoices for the ones I do in AZ. He called an hour later and asked if the prices where correct? I said of course. Now I have been working for Del Taco for 5 years now, and very rarely raised the prices. He said he's getting the same work done in vegas for half of what they are paying me. So he said to stop the service asap, until he gets more bids. He also said he's gonna hold off on paying me because he wants to see if those prices are accurate with what the properties require!! I mentioned we do have a contract with the prices listed and the properties. He said they are a major corporation and I am more than happy to talk with there legal dept.

4. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

? and...??????????????????

5. All American CL

All American CL LawnSite Member

I have all commercial accounts about 14, anything from HOA, to apartment complex's, to public lands. I just have learned the gift of gab. Find out who is in charge and impress them. Don't expect any thing right away most of my contact have taken a year to wiggle in, but once you’re in your in until you screw up then you’re out. So don’t screw up!! I make personal phone calls with updates periodically to gain the personal touch