How to get high sheen on stained concrete?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by EagleLandscape, Jan 11, 2009.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

The interior floors of my home are all stained concrete. How can I get a higher sheen on the floors?

I was mopping my foyer a second ago, and noticed how much better it looked compared to the normal dull appearance it always has.

Do I need to seal it again, or can this be done with a wax?

You can see the contrast from the just mopped foyer, with the unmopped (dull) dining room.)

any ideas?

PICT2633.jpg

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I am by for no expert, but couldn't you seal the concrete to get the desired sheen? I know this is done on countertops.

3. EagleLandscape

it was sealed by the company that stained them for me. but i guess they used the lower sheen level or something...

ive seen church floors and office building floors that look super shiny. even home depot and lowes are shiny.

4. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

My cousin in Houston owns a company that produces concrete overlay products. His website is PerformanceOverlay.com. You can call their office at (281) 441-1095. They should be able to help you out.

5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Call your company and have them reseal it with a higher rated acrylic base or whatever the sealer base is to give you a higher sheen. A lot of the big store floors are cleaned and buffed to keep the shine.

6. EagleLandscape

Sealing means moving everything out of the house for 2-3 days.

dont have time to do that. Can I do it with a wax myself?