How to get my website listed in "Local Business Results" in Google?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by chrisvinky, Aug 24, 2007.

1. chrisvinky

chrisvinky LawnSite Senior Member

I just punched in my City + Lawn care and three different businesses came up, but mine wasn't in there and only three from other cities around here.

If I could get mine in there, I would have a heads up on the other guys if somebody searched google for a local lawn care company.

Does anybody know how to do this??

2. chrisvinky

chrisvinky LawnSite Senior Member

Nevermind, I just figured it out I think and listed it. It's supposed to be listed in the next 4 weeks. I am going to offer a printable coupon through google. What should I offer??

10% off first month's service?

Give me some ideas!

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I clicked on "more results near Central City, KY" using the same search engine and search as you did and Perfection is the first company that comes up. You shouldn't be worrying. Looks like there are 605 total LCO's in your area.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know but doing a search revealed a small directory in my very area, me thinks a few links of that nature would help a lot.

5. Sal Mortilla

Sal Mortilla LawnSite Member

You have to do a little more than that!.
    Your site has to be optimized for local search.
    You need relevant text on each page and meta tags in the background that is unseen.
    Not sure how much you know about web site structure but if you do a local search in your area right click on the page and click on view source you will see a title and key words also the author all that is critical .
    Feel free to look at the background of my index page at www.landscapingunlimited.com and the text on the page itself.
    Then do a search in google or yahoo for suffolk county landscaping and look at the results.
    Good luck.
    Sal

6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Just thought I'd tell you that I like that Snapshots Add-On you have, but none of the pop-ups make any sense when you mouseover.