How to Get new accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheKingNJ, Dec 27, 2003.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Hey i'm just starting my business and i was wondering what is the most effective way to get accounts?

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Flyers work well here. once you get a reputation then word of mouth will kick in.

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Also you might think about getting a website to use for advertising. You can post the web address on anything and evrything you put your name on. then people will have the option to check you out first.

I did a check on web address and www.thekinglandscaping.com is still available. I checked www.kinglandscaping.com and it is taken. Even if you are not ready for the internet. You might buy the name. they cost under $10 a year. I just bought 2 names for $5.95 each.

4. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Yeah I agree flyers are great,so are door hangers. Local paper adds. Get your name in front of people as much as possible. Yellow pages work good here,long as you can handle the work.

P.S Guys theres only one real KING! LawnKing! Just playing!LOL

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Door to door. Spent 2 hours driving around and knocking on doors of houses that had a ton of leafs in their yard. Turned into about 6 cleanups, and possibly full accounts for the summer. About 400 bucks+ worth of work just for a little driving around.

Would you be more likely to buy something in person? Or from a salesman over ther phone, you get my point.

I sold popcorn when I was in scouts door to door. top seller in texas. In a few years I sold $22,000.00 IN THAT CRAP. door-to-door is the way.

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

7. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you go to buy website names?

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Use google and do a search for "domain host"...you will find what you are looking for. After you buy a name, you still have to pay for them to host your site. I personally used www.doteasy.com for this. I think the hosting is free, if you buy the name through them. I am not sure what I paid, but I have the name for around 10 years or so....same with hosting.

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I go door-to-door but dont' knock. i just leave my flyer. there aren't that many people around that want to be bothered at their home about lawncare. the ones that are interested will call you. just don't put them on mailboxes.