How to get of moles?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MannyEdge, Sep 28, 2006.

1. MannyEdge

MannyEdge LawnSite Member

Will this work to get rid of moles in my backyard?

http://www.getridofmoles.com/clay-soil-mole-repeller.htm

I have heard of killing or trapping moles, but I do not think that it will work for me because I live next to a farm. I am sure I cannot kill every mole in the area. I have put down chemicals to kill the grubs, but I was wonding about the above device.

thanks,

manny

2. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

A few of these should do it....

3058354753.jpg

3. MannyEdge

I am sorry, but I am serious about getting rid of the moles. I thought this website had members that are professionals.

4. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Talpirid - you can find it at Lesco. best stuff on the market

5. landscaperbob

landscaperbob LawnSite Member

Not sure of effectiveness but fresh Juicyfruit gum supposedly binds them up & kills them. Little chunks not whole piece.Brother works in pest control.

6. Surf'n'Turf

Sorry, my friend just a little humor....but you don't need a license to use them! If you got rid of the grubs (bad), that can help, but moles feed on a lot of other insects as well, including earthworms (good). I've had good results with Talprid, also. Not sure about the battery powered mole chaser....would depend upon the size area you are looking to erradicate and it does not kill them, but merely chases them to a different area.

7. Surf'n'Turf

That's what the agricultural extension here recommends, too. I've tried it putting in the tunnels, but results were mixed at best. Could be that when there is a large supply of natural forage available, the gum goes unnoticed.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Ok now read. The poster does not want to kill the moles just get rid of them guys.
    Have you asked them nicely to leave?
    Just kidding.
    These devices DO work, downsides are- some of them BEEP every few minutes and drive you nuts!

You have to keep up on buying expensive batteries because when you stop useing them the moles come right back.

You will need to invest in 5 or 6 of them to spread out around your property.

But they do work. So so those whirrlygig things you stick in the ground..but the wind has to be blowing all the time.

9. Surf'n'Turf

Well, they do have good hearing...they're just stubborn to leave when there is a good availability of food at their disposal! If he put down product for grub treatment, I see no real difference for putting down product for moles. Could go the Juicy Fruit route...a virtual bargain at 25 cents a pack.

10. MannyEdge

I started putting down the grub treatment on Saturday. How often can you put that stuff down that will not harm the grass? Every two weeks?

The reason I did not want to kill the moles because of the farm behind my house. I thought it would be impossible to kill all of them.

On the devices, I have read mixed reviews about them. It seems most people think they do not work from the reviews that I have read. They are expensive if they do not work.

I am just so upset because of the time and money I spent on my yard to have those darn moles in it.

Manny