1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of clover

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Wright48, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

I am having a hard time getting rid of clover at one customers property both naighbors have horrible lawns and i think thats were all these weeds are coming from they they both had landscapers last year with chem. apps and this year i guess the couldnt afford it so there lawns have gone to weeds and clover and its effecting my account now so how do i get rid of this clover problem ?
  2. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

Do a search since this is about the 3rd time in the last week on clover issues...
  3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of clover? White clover is controlled well with Momentum, as I have found out this season.
  4. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I killed green with trillium. There was so much I thought it was going to leave patches of dirt but the lawn is fine.
  5. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

its green clover
  6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

White Cover has a white flower. Red Clover has a purple flower. All clover has green leaves. A licensed applicator would know this & that triclopyr, dicamba & clopyralid make short work of all clover.

This is basic stuff for a licensed applicator.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009