How to get started

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jsmonroeCT, Jun 18, 2004.

1. jsmonroeCT

jsmonroeCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

I think I have an all too familiar asked question:

I was thinking of starting a landscaping business mext season b/c I simply love it. The days I get to cut my lawn are days I look forward to. I have 1.2 acres, a great simplicity broadmoor and cutting my lawn has become a passion of mine.

My real question is how to get started? Im very tired of my current career and I really believe in doing what makes you happy. I have enough $$ in the bank to afford a two new mowers (a 32" or 36" W/B and a 48" or 61" ZTR), a trailer, trimmers and blowers. I will trade in my current car for a used pickup.

I also need to know what is a realistic amount of lawns to cut in one day. Around here, which is upper fairfield county in CT, the lawns range from 3/4 acre and up... on the average. I have a family to support and my wife is a stay at home mom.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

So far everything you have said sounds pretty good, come up with a name and have some flyers made up and some business cards and start spreading the word.

Also:

1) Register the name with the City Hall

2) Get General Liability Insurance

3) Buy good commercial equipment.

Good Luck