1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how to get with neighborhood associations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, Mar 4, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I guess for this season it'll probably be to late. But i wanted to know the best aproach that is used to get a contract with neighborhood associations to be able to bid on the lawn maintenance and landscaping....
  2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

first get in good with the neighbors an show them what type of service you can provide . then talk to them about bringing up your service at meetings , when they have neighborhood board meetings thats when your service needs to be brought to the board members attention.i have to tell ya its hard to get contracts with neighborhood association unless you know an have influence on the board members .all in all its about who ya know not what ya know!!
  3. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

badboy is right but be careful.Some owner assoc. can be a pita because they don't know what they want or need.See if they have a requirement list available.I've been lucky with the one I service but it helps I do 60% of the yards in the allotment.I helped them set up there requirement list so if anyone tries to lowball me at least we have to provide the same services.