How to get workers from mexico?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreenDream, Aug 15, 2004.

1. GreenDream

GreenDream LawnSite Member

Who do you contact to get legal workers on ten month visas from mexico?

2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, geesh. You guys must be short on mexicans up there in Delaware. I will bus some up to you.

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i think there is a company called hola labor, i called them a while ago. be prepared to pay out the @ss for them. it wasn't worth it for me.

4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

you want me to send some down to you, we got tons.

Jeff

5. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

It's called an H-2B visa. You need to a get a labor certification from the Dept. of Labor that states are states there are no American willing and able to fill the position. Then you can apply for visa from the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service). try www.uscis.gov

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. What he said. And before everyone jumps on the "hire American" band wagon there are none willing and able to work in my area. The Home Depot here has had over 30 opening since May. They drug test. Seems none of the locals can pass that test....

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I know here where i live the farmers use them for the tobacco harvest. Gotta supply them some where to live, pay them 8 dollars an hour and have 32 hours a week work for them. Pay for a bus ticket here. I checked and it was gonna cost me about 1500 dollars or more just to get 1 to va.

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

What a good opportunity to "toss out" a few ideas for a Mexican Temp Service - lease labor - company name.

How about:

Trabajo Rapido

9. TREEGODFATHER

TREEGODFATHER LawnSite Member

Sad ain't it?

The Mexicans I've seen 'scapers I work with use have been REALLY hard workers-, courteous, neat, professional, and there on time EVERY day. What more can you ask for? Those guys definitely have a great work ethic going.

Nothing like some of the OTHER cans I've seen.

10. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, they know how to work.

One thing I noticed, some people are more educated, but they don't have a knack for the technique of working and how to make the tools do the work.