How to handle the neighbors?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jan 13, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the "policy" you use when you have the neighbor concerned about the possible water comming from or preventing their water from exiting there property when grading lots?
    I had one customer that that was getting all the run-off from his neighbors yard. This customer installed a drainage system to carry water under his own property, then called me to bring in about 30 yard of dirt and grade. Neighbor was concerned and started to question me about it. How do you guys handle this and should I have permits for this stuff? I live in a small community and dont do a whole lot of this type of work.
  2. RedRock

RedRock LawnSite Member

"Over-spray" of round-up will take care of the problem...
  3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

there are laws about changing the path of the water check withyour local building dept.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Weatherman Is very Correct. You could end up in court.
  5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

When I complain about having to get rough and final grade certificates someone remind me of this thread.

Around here, in the old neighborhoods, the grades are a nightmare and pose a challenge to say the least. All new subdivisions have grade plans and you better be real close or your not passing.