How to increase my business

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Wrobel#1, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

How to increase my business and attract commercial account
    I started out a year ago but business is still the same size any tips thanks

My equipment
    2004 Ferris IS100z
    1997 Dodge Ram 2500 with dumper
    48 Bobcat
    48 GaintVAc
    PB403 Blower
    JD trimmers
    16 Trailer Open

2. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

YOU HAVE TO START NETWORKING WITH MANAGEMENT,SEND IN BIDS TO THE ONES YOU WANT AND JUST KEEP TRYING TO SELL YOURSELF. I BECAME A LANDSCAPE FOREMAN TWO YEARS AGO AND THIS YEAR MY BOSS GAVE ME A GREAT PAY OPPORTUNITY. HE LEFT ALL THE LANDSCAPING TO ME. I GO OUT AND TALK TO PEOPLE ,GIVE THEM NEW IDEAS , GOT CERTIFIED IN OUTDOOR LIGHTING, AND MOST OF THIS IS DONE WHILE I'M ON A JOB AND SOMEONE STOPS AND SAYS HOW NICE IT LOOKS OR HAS A QUESTION ABOUT SOMETHING IN THEIR YARD. MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THEIR LANDSCAPE LIKE A PIECE OF ART UNTIL YOU MAKE THEM LOOK AT IT DIFFERENTLY. I HAVE ALREADY TRIPLED THE PROFITS THIS YEAR. YOU HAVE TO GO OUT AND SHOW THEM THAT YOU ARE CONFIDENT THAT YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON THEIR LAWN! SAME GOES FOR MOWING , SELLYOUR STRIPES AND WEED FREE BEDS. PEOPLE WILL START LISTENING. DON'T GIVE UP KEEP NETWORKING EVERYDAY!!!!!

3. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A COOL BOSS THAT YOU HAVE THERE, OBRYANMAINT!!!

Kinda hard to read, huh? I hope your other 496 posts haven't been in all caps.... If you didn't know it, ALL CAPS is considered yelling, plus it is very difficult to read.

Wrobel- seems as if you are mainly concerned about mowing? You might be better off asking in either the lawn care forum or the elements of business forum. Either way, the advice I will give is to take a drive around your area some time and write down the names of the businesses you would like to try to mow at. There's probably more than you realize. Call them all up and tell them you would like to submit a bid for lawn maintenance for the following year, and ask who you should address a letter of interest to. Write them a letter explaining that you are interested, and include a business card and a brochure if you have one. You will probably get asked to bid many of these properties, many of them will be price shopping. Mowing is mowing, ya know? If you start getting offered contracts, just make sure you don't take on more than you can handle.

Dan

4. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice guys