1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to install a Trimmer Trap.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Nov 2, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I'm gonna buy the TT-2- the 4 trimmer holder thingy tomorrow. How do I attach the unit to my trailer? Is it a bolt-on, or do I need to weld it up? Thanks.
  2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Its usually bolted on, but can be welded also. I believe it will come with some bolts and nuts.
  3. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I just installed my trimmer trap rack (holds 3 trimmers) it comes with 4 (1/2 in. bolts and nuts) but I couldn't use the two top bolts, had to go to ace and pick up two 4 inch long 1/2 inch wide bolts because the ones it comes with were only 2 inches, and my top rail on my 12' trailer is 3 inches wide!

But, I love this rack, very well built! GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS!

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I got the BP blower rack for Christmas.....BR-1 I think....very nice....I will have to buy longer bolts also...

5. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Where did yo guys purchase your trimmer traps and how much where they? I'm looking for one that will hold three.
  6. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Bolt it if at all possible. Makes it easier to switch to another trailer if you wreck your old one or upgrade to a larger trailer. Put lock tite on the bolts to make it a pain in the arse for thieves to unbolt. It would take them too long and more trouble than cutting locks.:gunsfirin
  7. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

have we talked before brother? Just another firefighter in Warren, OH.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

1800-279-8727 Triimertrap ask for al.
  9. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Precoparts.com good deal.
  10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

the racks will usually come with some sort of mounting hardware which the company deems "universally acceptable" that they presume wil fit the majority of the trailers of those who are purchasing the product.

they may work or they may not....somtimes depending on the trailer you have you will need a different size mounting hardware.

good luck with your new purchase.