How to keep track of unpaid invoices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jbell36, Dec 8, 2012.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

how do you guys keep track of unpaid invoices?

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

One or two clicks in QuickBooks to see list of Pending Invoices, and the date they were due.

What are you using for financial management software. I would think any software that is managing your finances, including invoices, should be able to produce a similar report.

3. JTAYLORLAWN

JTAYLORLAWN LawnSite Member

I use gopher software! It works great for me so far

4. jbell36

from KANSAS

i use gopher as well...am getting very familiar with it, but for some reason i am probably making this more complicated than it needs to be...do you guys usually print off the unpaid invoices after a month? or do you print off statements? i ask because if you "generate" your current invoices those will technically be unpaid invoices...so if you set the date back 1 month, you will get the invoices before you generated, but any money that has come in, say a partial payment towards an overdue invoice, will not be credited...i think it's the same with statements...i don't know, if i'm wrong let me know, i've messed with it long enough to think myself ******ed, or mentally challenged since they will block that word out...any advice would be helpful, even if you use a different program. thanks

5. jbell36

from KANSAS

i think i may have figured it out...if you go to statements and hit last month, that's every overdue balance up to when you generated your most current invoices, and it DOES have credits in there for any partial payments...

is this how others do it who don't use gopher? like quickbooks?

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I look at the ones not flipped over.

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i've been using gopher as well, great for the price for just starting out. still trying to learn how to use it. not to bad though.

8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

It's easy with quickbooks I do my end of day everyday and whenever somebody pays I enter the "payment" and it updates their balance it keeps a running total.

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have QB Pro and I can just go to reports, customers & receivables and A/R aging summary for a quick look at who owes what and for how long.

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device