How to kill Bahiagrass and not bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by eaglejrl, May 18, 2007.

1. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

I tried Image that you can buy at walmart - didn't work (please don't laugh). I found another product that has MSMA in it that says it will kill Bahia but not bermuda. Is that what I need? I do not have any St. Augustine. I just need something that will kill the Bahia and let my Bermuda come on up.

Thanks for your help.

2. GTP

GTP LawnSite Member

Manor or Blade. It is a slow kill but will knock it out and won't hurt your good grass.

3. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

Thanks.
    Where can I buy it?

4. GTP

GTP LawnSite Member

I get the feeling you don't have a license. You can't buy these products without a license. If you do, any pesticide/herbicide distributor will carry them.

5. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

Thanks again. No, I don't have a license. I just mow. But, I know someone who does. I will get him to order me some.

6. gpenny

gpenny LawnSite Member

There another product that contains the same ingredients as Manor at half the price (Cimmarron).

7. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

last time i looked manor/blade are not ristricted use pesticide and do not require a certificate to buy. but if you want to spray for money you will need to get legal. atleast in fla anyway

8. GTP

GTP LawnSite Member

You're right, I stand corrected. I'm so used to doing this as a service I don't think in terms of what you can do on your own with non-restricted use items. The other guy is right to if this is your own lawn. Cimarron is half the cost of Manor but I can go you one better, Valuron is half the cost of Cimarron. The only difference is what applications it is labeled for. This drives me crazy cause I do a lot of business selectively removing bahia from the preferred grasses. I have to pay $70/ounce for the same level of active ingredient a farmer can pay $17/ounce for to spray on pasture land.:confused:

9. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

Thanks for all the input. This is for my own yard. Where then can I purchase any of these (especially the valuron if it cheaper).

10. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

-----Bump-----