How to kill weeds in juniper.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jameszell24, Apr 2, 2010.

1. jameszell24

jameszell24 LawnSite Member

I heard some one say 1 table spoon of round up 41% per gallon of water. any tips

2. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you licensed to spray pesticides James?

3. grassrat

grassrat LawnSite Member

pull with hand :)

4. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

look at certainty, check the newest label on the internet it has an over the top label now

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Certainty, Image or Lontrel are options for broadleaf weed control. Ronstar Flo will also contribute to weed control as well. It is labeled as a preemergent, but it burns up lots of broadleaf weeds. Conifers are very tolerant of that material. For me, going under and around plants with a calibrated wand is more cost effective and time efficient that having to stay there and hand weed.

6. jameszell24

jameszell24 LawnSite Member

Not wanting to spray pesticides seedpro, wanting to kill weeds in juniper

7. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

yea your not licensed. so you are saying herbicide is not a pesticide

8. betmr

betmr LawnSite Bronze Member

Here we go, the old, "Pesticides are for killing bugs, I'm spraying herbicides, so I don't need no stinking Pesticide license", routine.

P.S.: They need to change the title of this Forum, it is very misleading to people who don't know that Pesticide is a general term for Insecticide, herbicide, fugicide, rodenticide etc, etc. All pests, and all controled by........Pesticides. I remember one guy argueing the fact that this thread is named Pesticide & herbicide application, so that proves there is a difference.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  9. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Why , what difference does it make , he's gonna use 'em anyway if he's not , might as well lead him down the correct path to correct pesticide use .

10. sunray

sunray LawnSite Member

Take those nasty bushes out, I joyfully remove every juniper I am allowed to remove.
    They are a maintenance nightmare, however they are good cover for every weed tat wants a chanceto grow.
    Best of all if there is a piece of trash blowing down the street it will collect it fr you.