How to land commercial contracts ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shawnster, Mar 7, 2005.

1. shawnster

shawnster LawnSite Member

I have been in business for three years now,part time. All of my equipment is payed for ext. my truck. I have all Derby equipment 1 61" commercial front cut 1 48" midcut ZT and 1 32" walk behind. I also have a 27 hp 4WD tractor w/ loader and box blade, 16' enclosed trailer 6x10' dump trailer and most all the small equipment and hand tools I need. However I have decided to make the break and quit my full time job and go full time with my business this year but I have only done residential work so far and would like to get into the commercial side of things. I would like any ideas on how to land a commercial account. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You !
    Shawn @ Family Landscape Company

2. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

we do work for sevarl large landscaping companies. So I can give you advice on what a commercial account would be looking for. As far as contacting and advertsing I am not to sure about that. But I would say you need to find the property managers and get in conatact with them. Most of our work is with high-end large commercial and industrial sites. Most property managers want things simple IE one bill. They want full service such as lawn maint. flower bed maint. and install, fertilizer, and ect. They are also looking for one company to provide all of these services. If you can not provide them look at subbing them out to reputable companies that you may have delt with in the past. This way you can provide all of the services wether you are preforming them or a sub is. This way it is all on one bill and the property manager has one contact for any issues that might arise or other services he might want to add.

3. shawnster

shawnster LawnSite Member

Thanks, Matt

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi shawnster,

Here is an article on how to get commercial accounts. Maybe it will be helpful.